Sheriff’s deputy shooting lead to death of unarmed man in Valencia

Sheriff's deputy shooting lead to death of unarmed man in Valencia

VALENCIA Shooting — An investigation into a fatal shooting that occurred at Westfield Valencia Town Center and included a sheriff’s deputy is now being taken up by investigators from the State Department of Justice. The event took place at approximately 10:45 p.m. on Wednesday night in front of the Macy’s department store. The Santa Clarita station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department sent deputies to the mall after receiving a report of someone trespassing there, as stated by the department. A struggle broke out between the two parties as the deputy worked to get the man to leave the area.

Investigation ongoing

There was a gunshot that implicated the deputy. The suspect, a man in his 60s, was taken to the hospital, but he did not survive his stay there and passed away later. The deputy’s injuries were attended to at the hospital, and she was eventually discharged there. The California Department of Justice is now conducting an investigation because of a new statute that becomes effective in July 2021.

When a member of law enforcement is responsible in the shooting of an unarmed civilian in the state, the state department of justice is mandated to initiate an investigation in accordance with the law. This is the case even if the victim was a child. The authorities have stated that the man who was contacted by them and subsequently shot was not armed at the time of the meeting. The identity of the suspect has not been made public since authorities have not yet notified the suspect’s closest relatives about the investigation.

Related article; 2 women shot and killed in Valencia, one critically injured

Authorities have confirmed that at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Monday, two women were shot at the intersection of 23rd Street and Valencia Street. According to a statement made by Kathryn Winters, who serves as the public information officer for the San Francisco Police Department, both of the women were conscious when they were transported to the hospital, but one of them suffered life-threatening injuries. Diners at the Beretta restaurant continued eating their dinners around two hours later, at approximately 8:30 p.m., despite the presence of police tape and bright lights just feet away. During this time, authorities were carrying out their investigation. One of the officers who responded to the site stated that the gunfire originated from the northeast corner of the intersection of 23rd Street and Valencia Street, and that it struck victims at the southwest corner of the intersection.

An staffer at Beretta referred to the occurrence as a “drive-by shooting” while she was giving a customer their take-out order. The staff did not wish to elaborate on their previous statements to Mission Local regarding the incident. Witnesses on the app reported seeing the shooter in a vehicle, but the police were unable to confirm this. After the incident, a witness reportedly saw a car with a light-colored exterior, probably a Mercedes Benz, speed away from the site. A gunfight broke out between two cars in the area in February, at the intersection of 23rd Street and San Jose Avenue. A victim who was 36 years old passed away as a result of his injuries. This is a developing story, and we will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available. Anyone who may have information is urged to phone the San Francisco Police Department’s Tip Line at the following number: 1-415-575-4444 or send a text message to TIP411 beginning with the letters SFPD. You are free to keep your anonymity.

News from

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *