North Haven Firefighter Matthias Wirtz Housefire Killed While On Duty


The chief of the North Haven Fire Department has confirmed the fatality and remarked that it is a devastating loss for their department. He also stated that it was a firefighter. The firefighter, who had been a member of the fire service in Connecticut for 22 years, passed away as a result of injuries he received early on Monday morning while responding to a fire at a residence that housed four families. The firefighter was responding to a blaze at a home that was being occupied by the families.

When fire crews arrived at the multi-family house shortly after one in the morning, they observed substantial smoke pouring from the back of the three-story building where the fire had started. The damage caused by the fire extended all the way up into the attic as well.

Firefighters were working to extinguish the blaze that had been sparked when the incident took place. According to the report, the fire department received a mayday call claiming that a “firefighter fallen” had occurred while they were fighting the fire. This information was included in the report.

A firefighter by the name of Matthias Wirtz, who was 46 years old, was driving a fire vehicle outside of the burning structure. According to the lawsuit, he received medical attention prior to being transported to Yale New Haven Hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was taken there because he needed emergency care. In the end, the medical professionals working at the hospital concluded that he had passed away.

Wirtz got his start in the fire service in 1996 when he joined the North East Volunteer Fire Co. #4 in North Haven as a volunteer fireman. This was the beginning of his career in the fire service. As a result of the fact that he was a member of the Connecticut fire department that responded to the terrorist attacks that took place in New York City on September 11, 2001, he has been the recipient of countless letters of gratitude over the course of the years. He was a member of the fire department that responded to the attacks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *