Jesus Garcia and Nicholas Tiefer shot and killed, families mourn


Jesus Garcia Death – The parents of two young men who were shot and died last week in San Marcos are experiencing unfathomable anguish. Last Wednesday, along West Borden Road, two men were shot: Jesus Garcia, 19, and Nicholas Tiefer, 20. Garcia was discovered by deputies on the ground close to the entrance of a local park with what appeared to be an upper body gunshot wound. Tiefer was discovered in the front seat of an SUV that was partially stopped on the curb and perpendicular to the flow of traffic. Deputies reported that he seemed to have a neck wound from a gunshot.

Marcos High School

Investigators haven’t validated any leads, and no suspect has been named. Tiefer excelled in football while attending San Marcos High School. His family claims that on West Borden Road on the afternoon of last Wednesday, he was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. “I miss you, kid. I really do,” Nick’s father Rick Tiefer said from his home Tuesday. “He was my best buddy.” Garcia was a fellow San Marcos High grad who, like his friend Nick, enjoyed playing sports. Maria Curtis, Garcia’s sister, urged the perpetrator of this terrible crime to come forward.

“Spare our family to try and figure out why this horrible thing happened.”  In the days following the killing, friends and relatives have paid their condolences to the two young men at a curbside monument. Rick Tiefer’s house also has a memorial that sparkles. He choked up as he described how much his son was missed and how difficult the loss had been. “I’ve been praying and shaking, physically ill, I’ve got to calm down,” Rick Tiefer said. The Vista father claims his 20-year-old son left the house last Wednesday morning, and he never dreamed their customary farewell would be their last words.

Rick Tiefer stated

“’God bless you! Jesus loves you. Watch your surroundings and make good and prudent decisions. And please go have a lot of fun,'” Rick Tiefer said recounting his parting wisdom to his son that morning. “He said, ‘Don’t worry pops, I’ll see you in a few.'” However, Nick Tiefer never returned. His family was there by his side for four days as he struggled for his life after learning hours later that he had been evacuated to the hospital.

“We didn’t lose hope. We had faith that we could bring him up,” Rick Tiefer said. “If Jesus could raise Lazarus after four days, there’s hope,” Rick Tiefer said. When the family decided to remove his life support over the weekend, that hope was replaced with sadness. “I’d give anything to bring him back,” his father said. “The parents should always come first, not the kids. The sequence is off.” For both families, online fundraisers have been set up. The Tiefers claim that they have donated their son’s organs to Lifeshare, so that his death may result in the life of another person.

News from

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *