Izzy Scott 4, identified as homicide victim, family mourns his death
Izzy Scott Death – According to the Burke County Sheriff’s Office, a swim teacher named Lexie Tenhuisen was taken into custody and charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the passing of a child named Izzy Scott, who was four years old. Since then, she has been freed after posting a bond of 10,000 dollars. However, members of Scott’s family are now speaking out about this development that brings us one step closer to justice. We sat down with them to find out how they’re trying to move forward with this latest development in the case.
Seven months have passed since the tragic event that occurred on Scott’s second day of swim instruction. In addition, it has been three weeks since a warrant for the arrest of the swimming instructor, Tenhuisen, was issued. Following the issuance of the warrant, Scott’s parents shared with us that they felt a sense of relief knowing that there was responsibility. Now that Tenhuisen is free on bond, they are of the impression that additional action should have been taken.
From Facebook pleas, messages to the DA’s office, and check-ins with the GBI, Tenhuisen was arrested for the drowning death of Scott on his second day of swim lessons. Walter and Dori Scott, Izzy’s parents, say, “My reaction was why did it take so long?” She is facing a charge in Georgia of involuntary manslaughter, which is a class A misdemeanor. The highest possible term is one year in prison in addition to a fine of $1,000. “No, of course, I don’t feel like that’s enough. When all of this first happened over the summer, the sheriff’s office released a 22-page report of witness interviews and information,” Dori says she still doesn’t fully know what happened.
“Still I’m sitting here wondering what happened that day at swim lessons. All I know is he drowned. “I don’t know how he got underwater, I don’t know how long he was under there, and I don’t know what she was doing,” Dori says. One of the students in the class wrote a report in which they mentioned “a child coughing” who “got onto the concrete once out of the pool.” The family recalled Scott informing them that on the first day, he ingested a significant quantity of water.
News from InsideEko.com